People who treat anxiety professionally have some surprising strategies for themselves. Seeking out pleasurable experiences and cultivating positive emotions can combat anxiety, and is “an antidote to worry and rumination,” says Kevin Chapman, a clinical psychologist in Louisville, Ky.
- Therapists Get Anxious, Too. Here’s What They Do
- Group fitness classes used to terrify me: How I overcame my fear
- It Takes One to Know One: Understanding Anxiety, Depression, and Anger in Men
- Need to navigate tricky conversations at the holiday dinner table?
- Face Masks Are Alleviating Social Anxiety