Peer support services can boost your confidence
The staff at KYCARDS are happy to offer complimentary peer support to our clients. Treatment gains can be significantly improved when having the support of a person who can empathize with your experience, has successfully completed treatment, and understands the necessary steps to remain free from debilitating anxiety. Peer support services can boost your confidence if you are at the beginning of treatment, if you are in the middle of treatment, or if you simply feel stuck at any moment during treatment.
Members of Peer Support Group
- Individuals involved in services at KYCARDS
Services for Peer Support
- All services are complimentary in adjunct to treatment
- Weekly text/phone call check-ins during your treatment and after discharge
- Twice monthly 45 min peer group meetings
- These meetings would be discussion of your current challenges in a group setting and guidance from the peer group leader. Every group member will sign a statement of confidentiality
If you are interested in additional peer support, contact our Office Manager, Brittany Mencotti, either by phone (502-618-2060) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Megan Sanders is the Peer Support Group Leader for KY-CARDS. She received her degree in Communication in 2005 from Indiana University then went on to become a Registered Nurse and received her degree from Bellarmine University in 2012. Megan brings personal, real-life experience into helping others with anxiety and related disorders. Having struggled with an anxiety disorder herself, with the help of Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), she has fully recovered. Megan believes that it is important for her to help others in their struggles with the wonderful, life-changing tools she has been given through therapy.